About Kentucky Trucking Association
“To promote the trucking industry by educating governmental entities, the general public, customers and related industry groups, though advocacy, career development, and the support of value-added programs that enhance industry safety and productivity.”
Who We Are
The Kentucky Trucking Association is a trade association representing the interests of, and serving as the voice for, Kentucky’s trucking industry. Founded in 1962, KTA exists to ensure that the public and policy makers have a complete understanding of the trucking industry and the issues that affect them. The association is highly visible in its efforts to encourage legislation and regulations that are fair and equitable to the trucking industry and to the public. KTA is governed by a 30 member Board of Directors and led by a 9 member Executive Committee and is also an affiliate of the American Trucking Associations.
KTA is comprised of more than 325 trucking companies and allied businesses. Our trucking members are large and small, private and for-hire, and serve customers across the state and across the nation. We represent Kentucky-based trucking companies, and many out-of-state based carriers as well. Our motor carrier members range from truckload, LTL, flatbed, tanker, intermodal, dump and heavy haul and are located throughout the state. And many are private carriers, business entities that operate commercial vehicles in their daily operations to supply goods and services. Our allied members supply everything from trucks, trailers, fuel, parts, tires, leasing and maintenance, to services covering all your accounting, communications, and environmental, insurance, legal, recruiting and training needs. If you need help with your motor carrier operations in Kentucky, our allied members are the best and can provide all that you need.
Standard of Excellence
The Kentucky Trucking Association has been recognized by the American Trucking Associations with the annual Cum Laude award for its safety initiatives and through the work of its Risk & Safety Management Council. KTA and the Council actively promote highway safety through such programs as the Kentucky Road Team and the Kentucky Truck Driving Championships.
The Kentucky Trucking Association and its members are affiliated with many different industry groups, state and federal agencies and business committees including:
• American Trucking Associations
• American Transportation Research Institute (ATRI)
• Governors Executive Committee on Highway Safety (GECHS)
• Kentuckiana Regional Planning & Development Agency (KIPDA)
• Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
• Kentucky Clean Fuels Coalition (KCFC)
• Kentucky Fatality Assessment and Control Evaluation Program (KY FACE)
• Kentucky Occupational Safety & Health Surveillance Program
• Kentucky Small Business Caucus
• Kentucky State Police and its Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Agency
• Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC)
• North American Transportation Research Institute (NATMI)
• Towing & Recovery Association of Kentucky (TRAK)
• Truckers Against Trafficking (TAT)
• U.S DOT and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
The association is actively involved in working with these groups to educate, enhance and promote the Commonwealth of Kentucky’s trucking industry, the passage of legislation to promote safety and to create business and economic development for communities and small businesses.
The Kentucky Trucking Association is located at 512 Capital Avenue in Frankfort, just two blocks north of the Kentucky State Capitol. Our mailing address is P.O. Box 818, Frankfort, KY 40602. Our staff can be reached at 502-227-0848 or at email@example.com.